Sunday, May 13, 2012

The journey home is never too long...

...when open arms are waiting there. --"The Journey Home" by Sarah Brightman
(skippable journal entry)
Last Friday, I stupidly tripped and sprained my ankle. -_-; Kinda ruined the weekend plans, so instead visited home, which was actually much better. =)

For one, there was no Free Comic Book Day in any of the comic shops in the college town (wth?!), but going home we got to stop by the new comic book store in our local mall, the first in our area, on FCBD. :D Unfortunately there was a bigger crowd than expected and there wasn't much left by the time we got there, but it was still fun to look around. Then of course we shopped at Macy's. I got a couple of nice blouses and an awesome purple velour zip-up hoodie with little "diamond" accents that was practically made for me! XD And my mom found me a beautiful jewelry set. T_T After Macy's, we ate at Olive Garden. (Ah, family traditions. ^^) I think that parmesan crusted steak with cheese-filled pasta and veggies in cream sauce was the most decadent OG dish ever. So good, but sooo rich... @_@

At home I finally got Mom and Rach to watch Sherlock series 1! They thought it was really great. Now we have to wait for series 2 to come out on DVD here (no TV). Also, I caught up Mom on The Legend of Korra, since she's as big a fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender as I am. (Yup, my mom rocks! ♥ Happy Mother's Day! I Love You!)

The whole family (including Dad o_o) had a very pleasant lunch at the local Chinese buffet (my fav) and had cake (without much incident phew~). Then Mags and I drove back. What a nice weekend at home. =) Still limping just a bit, but foot's feeling much better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment