Sunday, November 8, 2015

Birthday Week

R is still wearing the boot brace, so I've been driving her to and from work. I don't like driving, but it's kinda nice to get out of the house and go to the library, grocery, and/or mall.

Had a low-key happy birthday week. ^^  Walked around the mall and browsed all the geeky stuff at HT, BAM, FYE, etc. Found a couple of T-shirts (for R & M) marked way down at Hot Topic, 2 for < $7 w/ my coupon.
 

Treated myself to Yogurt Mountain pumpkin pie froyo w/ mochi & cheesecake bits and to a DC Comics Bombshells comic (WWII AU where the women lead the superhero front of the war effort = awesome).
 

Indulged in the Never-Ending Pasta Bowl at Olive Garden for my bday lunch. XD Disappointed with my first, very large bowl of spaghetti with chicken pomodoro sauce (bland sauce tasted more like raw tomatoes, which i barely tolerate, than tomato marinara sauce, which i love). Really liked my 2nd and 3rd small bowls of rigatoni with pesto alfredo sauce. Mmm... Oh, also, I had a bday eclub coupon, so I took home a slice of their Italian lemon cream cake, too.

Came home to M's card & gift in the mail and to Chinese take-out dinner from Mom. :D My fav sesame chicken and lo mein, plus spicy tofu and chicken w/ veggies. And they threw in a free order of sweet and sour chicken when she heard it was my bday. So nice! And yummy!

For dessert, we ate the Italian lemon cake (good but not as great as it used to be), and Mom bought me a delicious Carvel ice cream cake (chocolate ice cream, w/ chocolate cookie crumbs, no cake)! 8D
 


Dad gave me a pretty blue topaz necklace, and R got me not 1 but 2 purple prism necklaces which I had been looking around for!
 
L: 3-strand necklace w/ gold discs, crescent moon, & light lavender prism.
R: deep purple prism on silver-tone necklace

Finished the same way I've been spending all my evenings lately: binge-watching Parks and Recreation. <3 It's my new favorite show, and everyone needs to watch because it's the best, so hilarious, fun, smart, and sweet.

Later in the week, I ate even more Italian food at a local Italian restaurant's lunch buffet w/ herb roast chicken, stuffed shells, eggplant parmigiana, stuffed rice balls, meatballs, sausage w/ onions & peppers, green beans, cheese pizza, tuna salad, garden salad, & garlic rolls. It was much yummier and a bit cheaper than OG's NEPB. We should eat there more often.

Yesterday, Mom and I went to the mall. Once again found some great buys at Macy's!
 

 

 
 how cute are those kitties?
 

It was raining hard, so for lunch we ended up at the mall's Ruby Tuesday even though I'm almost always disappointed. This time their burgers were undercooked, twice. 1st time, we asked for medium, and it came very pink, almost raw-looking inside. We asked them to recook it, and they gave us a new "medium-well" burger, but it was still quite pink, but not as bad as the 1st. The waiter apologized many times and even suggested it might be the hanging light w/ the red lamp shade that made it look pinker. We decided to just bring it home and microwave it just to be sure. The manager came by and offered a replacement order or to take it off our check, but we politely declined. At least my chicken fresco was good, and the $3 salad bar was definitely worth it w/ all the greens, veggies, toppings, dressings, and ready-made salads (waldorf, potato, pasta).

Also found some surprisingly nice (not-cheap-looking) accessories at the "dollar" store: 2 necklaces ($1.50 each) & a pretty purple rhinestone headband ($1).
 


Lastly, baked & ate the 1st pumpkin pie of the holiday season. ^___^

No comments:

Post a Comment