Sunday, February 7, 2016

Happy Chinese New Year!

M came to visit us for Chinese New Year. :D And of course that meant eating lots!

First we went to the Indian buffet that me and R had tried before with our friends Sara and Amanda. It was just as delicious! So many rich, fragrant dishes and flavors. (Too bad I forgot to take pics. :P) I loved the curry goat, spinach curry, chick pea curry, tandoori chicken, and the chicken masala sauce with naan bread the best. Mmm... I already can't wait to go again. We had planned to go to the local Ren Fair, but it was rainy, so we went shopping at Macy's instead. XD Found a very nice black-and-white floral cardigan for like $8.

Next day, we took M to the Filipino buffet. Fewer dishes but still really great. We really love the egg rolls and barbecue chicken skewers. I also enjoyed the sticky rice dessert, and R and I got our favorite bubble milk tea, taro and green tea. ^^ Then we were so full we decided to walk around the mall again. lol

 


 

And we still cooked up another feast when we got home, naturally. (Didn't take pictures again! XP) There were lots of veggies, fish, shrimp, roast chicken, broccoli-and-cheese cornbread casserole, chocolate cake, and more.

On Lunar New Year's Day, we went out with Dad to Cracker Barrel for brunch before M had to drive back. I still prefer Village Inn's menu, but I liked the country fried chicken with scrambled eggs and hash brown casserole and the fresh biscuits and gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment