Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hormonally Satisfying Food and Film

Nothing like romantic movies and junk food to improve the mood!
(skippable personal entry)

I've been kinda miserable the past week. (Warning: TMI medical details.) Last weekend, I got this mysterious allergic reaction, and my lips got all red, raw, itchy, and puffy, like Botox gone wrong. -_-; I thought it might be seafood contamination (I'm allergic) and it'd get better, but it kept coming back for the next couple of days. Turns out it was a surprisingly common fungal infection of the lips, probably the result of my habit of picking my lips (contamination from public place like school or library) and covering it with chapstick (made it much worse). Later in the week, it stopped being red and swollen but got white and flaky or pink and sore in patches, so I walked around with zombie lips. T_T And I couldn't eat anything that wasn't bite-size, dry, and not too salty or sweet, which irritated my lips. They're much, much better now, mostly just dry and peely, but I'm too afraid to start using chapstick again (a new one, obviously). SIGH.

At least I could go out to Steak 'n Shake yesterday and indulge in my "dream" combo: Western BBQ Bacon steakburger with fries, onion rings, and Mint Cookies 'n Cream milkshake. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm... ^____^

Anyway, I really hope my lips go back to normal by next week. It's my best friend's wedding! Speaking of, I can't believe how hard it's been to find a Chinese "double happiness" charm to add to my gift. :P I thought it'd be easy, but none of the Asian stores I've gone to have had any.

Random: Wahh, I wanna go to the L'Arc~en~Ciel concert in New York! D; Tickets went on sale, and it's "Killing Me" (sorry) that I can't go. *tantrum*

In other news, it sucks not getting any TV channels. Usually I don't mind since I can just use the internet. In fact, it's great when it comes to my soap opera General Hospital because then I can ignore all the dumb mob stuff and just look up the only parts of the show I actually want to watch, namely Robin and Patrick (I can't believe they're killing off Robin!! TT__TT). But recently I got into Once Upon A Time, a very interesting spin on the whimsical, romantic Fairy Tale World. ^^ It just makes me regret not keeping up with what I used to watch in prime time, like Smallville, Castle, and Chuck. =/

Finally, I've been in the mood for a good cry, and lately I've loved re-watching A Walk in the Clouds, a simple and sweet romance, Amazing Grace, a beautiful period piece based on the inspiring true story of a man's quest to abolish slavery in Britain, and A Walk to Remember, which I have a soft spot for even though normally I roll my eyes at cheesy, heavy-handed "dying girl teaches guy about love and life" romantic dramas, and even more so with teen movies. I don't know, I just really like the pacing and telling of the classic "Love Story", Shane West and Mandy Moore's chemistry and acting, and all the music. "Only Hope" is one of my favorite songs, especially when it's incorporated into the score in the (Spoiler Warning!) proposal and wedding scene (see vid).

No comments:

Post a Comment