Friday, October 17, 2014

Perfect Day with Mom

Finally starting to feel like Fall in Florida (by which I mean it's lower than 85 degrees). Love the cool breeze and sunshine. Autumn is my favorite season; the cooler weather, less allergies, pumpkin spice everything. ^^

And finally, a personal blog post that doesn't revolve around cats!




Woke up really early for once. Went with Mom to Wal-Mart to fix the low tire pressure that comes with cooler temps. Got their complimentary coffee and mini chocolate-covered donut for breakfast. Bought cat food, kitty food, and litter (pets are expensive! o_0). Diving into the $5 DVD bin was fun. Got The Mummy Trilogy for < $10. (Love the first, really like the second, and the third is okay.) Picked up a fresh-baked bread loaf from their bakery, browsed for awhile in the holiday section, and stocked up on flu medicine.

Oh, look what I found! A DC Comics Girls Lip-Nail-Body Collection, featuring Wonder Woman, Batgirl, and Supergirl nail polish, nail art, lip "ka-balm" (lol), lip gloss, and hand sanitizers. Really cute character designs, and each piece comes with a little cape! XD
     
I am a dork, so I bought the hand sanitizer with the superheroine trinity. But I just love seeing more DC products aimed towards young girls. It's so important! (I even browse the girls' clothing section for their DC tees even though I can't fit in them. XD;)

After, we went to Aldi. The usual, milk, butter, fruits, veggies, meats, plus more roasted red pepper hummus (yum), and vanilla ice cream for the apple pie we'll bake later. We love Aldi!

Then we stopped by Dollar Tree, which is always fun to browse through, and found a plastic dish bin to use as an extra litter box. Kitty update here.

Anyway, after we dropped everything off at home, Mom and I went to Olive Garden for lunch. I love Italian food, and OG is my favorite casual restaurant. Mom had the Unlimited Soup, Salad, and Breadsticks (whoo~ only $5 with my coupon), and I tried the Never-Ending Pasta Bowl for the first time. I ordered penne pasta with the new special sauces ($1 extra), Spicy 3-Meat Marinara and Roasted Mushroom Alfredo. I loved the mushroom alfredo pasta so much, I had 4 bowls! So good and so worth it. *bliss*

Then we walked it off at the mall. As usual, we stayed in Macy's the whole time. At first we didn't find anything. Some cute sterling silver and/or semi-precious stone jewelry on sale, but I didn't see any amethyst pieces I really wanted. I admired the new purple Coach bags that are over my price range. I was about to give up browsing, but then we found some great deals. 2 chic, flowy black tops with embroidered designs for Mom, and 2 purplish half-sleeve knit tops for me (1 is a deep magenta with knitted and small rhinestone accents, and the other is my favorite shade of violet with a black flower pattern over it, which I really love). 4 blouses for only $30! Score!

After that was a quick stop at the Local Comic Book Store. I picked up my order of Sensation Comics featuring Wonder Woman #1 (yay a 2nd WW title!), Gotham Academy #1 (Hogwarts hijinks in Gotham!), and the special mega-size Detective Comics #27 for Batman's 75th Anniversary. I didn't realize until later that the DC 27 cover wasn't what I had asked for. I specifically said "I don't like Frank Miller, so please give me any other cover," which they told me was by Greg Capullo, who I like. I didn't know what the covers looked like, but when I opened my copy, I thought the ugly and over-sexualized Catwoman on the cover looked suspiciously Miller-esque, and it turns out, I was right. Of all the artists who did covers for that special issue, I had to get the one I hated most. XP So I called the LCS to complain, and they said, "Oh, well, we have the other cover here. We'll set it aside for you. Sorry for the mix up. You can just switch it out the next time you come in." Apology accepted, I guess, but it's still a bit annoying. Maybe I'll drop by next Saturday during the Free Comic Book Day: Halloween Special.

We stopped by the library to return stuff, borrow books, and pick up the Arrow comic book and The Piano Guys CDs I put on hold. I was pleasantly surprised to find out these YouTube stars' albums were available at the library (except their 3rd one Wonders that just came out). Love these guys' classical/pop mixes on piano and cello.


By then, it was time for the car repair appointment to replace the air bag for free because of a recall. Luckily it only took 15 minutes, rather than 1 hour as I was expecting.

Home again. We were still full from our big lunch, so we skipped dinner. We played with the kitties awhile. Then Mom and I watched The Flash Episode 1, which we really enjoyed. I love that Mom liked watching Batman: The Animated Series and the other DCAU toons with us when we were younger, and she still likes to read some comic books and watch DC TV shows and movies, both animated and live-action, with me. She's so cool, not to mention strong, smart, brave, creative, complex, loyal, and loving.

Eating, shopping, geeking out, I love sharing it all with Mom. She's my Wonder Woman. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment