Saturday, April 11, 2015

Mega-Con: Part 1 - Arrival & Voice Actors

Whoo, Megaaa-Cooonnn! Happy Birthday, M! 8D

This is Mom and M's first time at Mega-Con and my second*. This year was a lot more crowded, but I hear it was still a big improvement over the previous year's disorganized, stand-still, sweaty mess.

(*I first went a few years ago with Amanda and her boyfriend. I was more into anime then, and that's what I mostly looked at. I went to the Anime Voice Actors panel and even met Caitlin Glass (Ouran High School Host Club's Haruhi) and got her to sign the OHSHC mini-calendar that came with the DVD box set. I spent more time in the Showroom last time.)

So anyway, Mom, M, and I got to International Dr around 9:20 AM, and the exit ramp was already backed up about 10 minutes. After some confusion, we ended up at the Destination Parkway Overflow Parking Lot. We waited at the shuttle bus stop and debated whether we should just walk to the OCCC, but then the bus came. It was comfortably A/C'ed, but the bus got stuck in a traffic jam so it took us like half an hour to get there. Walking definitely would have saved us some time, but at least it saved us some energy so we could last all day.

Mom, M, & I representing the DC Trinity w/ our Superman, Batman, & Wonder Woman tees!
We entered the OCCC around 10:20, and the con was already in full swing. So many great costumes!! Within a minute, I found one I wanted to take a picture of:
Yu-Gi-Oh!
The advanced ticket line was so much faster than last time. We got our wristbands, and then I got a shot of the cool group in front of us:
Star Wars: sexy Chewie, C3PO, Han, & Jedi
Walking the first floor...
Firefly: Jayne
Game of Thrones: Khaleesi Dany
Got upstairs and squee! first thing I see is my favorite comic book character (after the Trinity): Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle!
Young Justice: Tye Longshadow, Blue Beetle III, Static, Aqualad, Artemis, Miss Martian
Trying to find the first room, I heard someone call my name, and I turn around to see an old classmate! Same schools since elementary, and we even used to ride the same bus and chat (one time, about hover boards lol). Funny.
Back to the Future II: Marty McFly
 Waiting for our first panel...
Young Justice: Nightwing
Mortal Instruments: Shadowhunter Izzy
Star Wars: adorable gender-bent Leia & Han
Also spotted: Doug's Quail Man(!), beautiful Frozen's Anna & Elsa, Game of Thrones' Jon Snow & Dark Knight Rises' Catwoman...
http://bigbardafree.tumblr.com/post/17885745562/quail-man

http://itsalllife.tumblr.com/post/116349808936/photos-via



At the Voice Actors Gone Wild!!! aka Twisted Toonz panel (11:00-12:30)...
VAs: Rob Paulsen, Tress McNeill, Jess Harnell, (Host), Troy Baker, & Gray (DeLisle) Griffin

This was a really fun panel! They read scenes from the Back to the Future script in various cartoon voices (Yakko/Pinky, Dot/Babs Bunny/Mrs. Seymour, Wacko, The Joker, Azula/Daphne, etc.) and celebrity impressions (Christopher Walken/Woody Allen, Arnold Schwarzenegger/Bill Cosby, Christopher Walken again, etc.). They were all super talented and witty with the improv, and we LOL'ed a lot.

Playlist Videos by Vonny Clark

After the panel...
 

DC: Steampunk Justice League - Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Dr. Fate
to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment