Thursday, December 17, 2015

STAR WARS 7!!!

It's heeerrreee! STAR WARS: EPISODE VII - THE FORCE AWAKENS premiered tonight, and I saw it, and it was glorious! ♥o♥



It opens everywhere tomorrow, Dec. 18th, but some theaters, including (surprisingly) our small local cinema, had early showings starting around 8 PM. Luckily, Sara had time to go with me tonight. =)

I loved it. It was just as epic & exciting, emotional & enthralling, fun/funny, nostalgic yet refreshing, and awesome as I'd hoped. T_T It did a great job of capturing the wonder and fateful adventure of the Original Trilogy. The plot (and shots) may have mirrored Ep. IV in many scenes, but I like to think it was more an homage to the cyclical nature of these heroic fables, than a nerdy need to call-back to everything OT. The new Trio and new droid companion are delightful and added a breath of fresh air to the classic story. The humor feels a bit more modern now, too, as does the emo villain. Overall, I feel like it brought back the magic of Star Wars that was shrouded in the Prequel Trilogy by poor writing/directing/acting. In fact, I commented to Sara that I wish they would remake the PT, because it has all the makings of another great story of love, faith, power, and politics, but it was just badly executed. But I think JJ Abrams and the new creators, cast, and crew did right by Ep. VII, and I can't wait to see TFA again!

After the movie, Sara and I went to Village Inn to discuss the movie and catch up. She's so busy, it's hard for her to find time to hang out, so it was lovely just to sit and chat. She told me to join the online game Star Wars: The Old Republic, which she and Amanda and their friends play a lot of. It sounds fun, and it's free, so why not (even though I already gave up on Game of Thrones: Ascension).

Man, I'm so buzzed. STAR WARS!!

Update: I created my own lightsaber online. Isn't it beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment