Sunday, January 13, 2019

Jan. Library Activities

Sat., Jan. 5: This month's upcycling project is paper flowers. We took used library due date cards, tore them into pieces, and made a 3D collage on a small canvas.

Mom & I chose to use the back of the canvas to create a shadowbox frame look. Although mine didn't look quite as cute as the sample, I thought my flower was okay. Compared to Mom's perfect rose w/ red beads though, mine looked like a trash pile of ripped up ticket stubs. 😅 Luckily, Mom fixed mine up w/ some strategic crimping & folding (R).
 
Because there were only 5 participants instead of the usual 10 in the class, we got to take more card slips & an extra canvas home.

Sun., Jan. 13: The mini glue gun we finally ordered a few days ago arrived, so I tried it out on my 2nd framed paper flower project. The glue gun was pretty much the same as the ones we used at the library, fast-heating & effective. This time, instead of ripping the paper cards, I cut them into petals, then carefully arranged & glued them. Mom found some yellow felt for the center, and my paper lotus was complete! 😊
 The finished products:

No comments:

Post a Comment