Thursday, May 16, 2019

Prize Drawing Winner!

A few days ago, a local real estate agency called me and told me that I was the winner of their prize drawing, which I entered at the Sea Turtle Festival. I was surprised and happy, though I suspected that I was one of the winners because I indicated in my entry form that I was interested in their services.

Today, Dad and I picked up lunch at Sonny's ($5 special: sliced/pulled pork sandwich meal w/ drink & side) and shopped at Aldi. While out, I stopped by the real estate agency to pick up my prize and was shocked to learn that I really was the one winner of a really big gift basket worth $150! :O But first, I met with the realtor who had called me, and she asked about my interest in an agent. I had to tell her that I had already chosen another agent (from the same office), so I felt kinda bad that this promotional prize drawing was a bit of a waste for her (besides getting contact information from plenty of other potential customers). After that we took a photo together, which was posted on their FB. ^^;;

Here's the awesome gift basket:
Before opening...
 

 
 ...and after opening.
 
 The "basket" is a canvas/cloth hamper/tray with wooden handles that fall out of their slots easily. (I dropped the whole thing the first time I lifted it. >_>;)
 

 
 Contents:
1 bottle of Double Dog Dare merlot, 2 cans of Barefoot Wine Spritzers Red Sangria, 2 plastic turtle-design wine glasses, 2 plastic turtle-design cups w/ lids & straws.
 
 1 Nantucket Bike Basket Co. bicycle basket, 1 plastic sunglasses, 1 plastic sports bottle, 2 orange foam stress balls, 4 unidentifiable items (we can't figure out what they are!), 1 mermaid tail keychain; 1 cheetah plushie, 1 solar-powered dancing sunflower toy (broke part of it when I dropped the basket -_-).
 
 (cheetah plushie is so cute!)
 
 6 T-shirts (4 from local bike trail event, 2 from A/C company sponsor), $90(!) in restaurant gift certificates ($30 for Junkanoo Island Kitchen & Rum Bar, $60 for Rising Tide tap & table).
 

I've been very lucky lately. Earlier this year, I also won a $50 Amazon gift card drawing and a $10 Starbucks gift card drawing from local events! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment