Monday, November 7, 2011

Birthday Week

10/31 Monday - I never dress up for Halloween (too cheap to buy a costume, too lazy to make my own, too anti-social to need one anyway XD;), but this year I made my own pair of Bat-ears:
(No, not cat ears, not bat ears, Bat(man)-ears.)
Actually they were for Maggie because I refused to let her dress as Batgirl wearing cat ears. We're Batfans, for pete's sake, and no true Batfan should settle for cat ears when Bat-ears can't be found! XP So I made simple ones with origami paper and pinned them to her hair. (The photo is version 2.0 with a headband and tape.) It's no cape-and-cowl, but it worked. ^^

11/1 Tuesday - Anyway, besides seeing the cute costumed kiddies, the only part of Halloween I really enjoy is the after-Halloween candy sale right before my birthday. Muahahaha~! XD

11/2 Wednesday - Had a pretty good birthday. ^^ Maggie and I met at home for lunch, where I baked cranberry-orange muffins (from a box, but a yummy cake alternative) and veggie 'n pasta with cream sauce (improvised because I had to eat noodles for my birthday (Chinese tradition), but also a surprising success :).
Maggie gave me my present then. It was a purple "take-out" box stuffed with a long, soft purple scarf, 2 pairs of cute violet socks, a knit cap with multi-color stripes, and Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie-flavored chapstick. 8D And, as is our family's tradition and pride, it was all on sale. lol.
(Yes, I am obsessed with purple/violet. ♥)
Later, we went to Fuji Hana for dinner. I was very happy with my complimentary birthday entree, pork katsu rice bowl. Delicious! In fact, I already want to go back and have it again. :P  The rest of the family couldn't visit lately, but I got calls and ecards. ^^ Finally, Ben 'n Jerry's strawberry cheesecake ice cream for dessert. My fav!

Thanks to JDN for the sugary sweet ecard!
So love the 2nd photo. Jung Min~♥

11/3 Thursday - Prince Young Saeng's birthday! Saengil chukhahamnida! Ahh, d'Ottergnan cake so cute!

11/4 Friday - My online rant buddy's birthday! Happy birthday, Ivy! ^o^
(That's @tetsu_girl, @mystyle1103, and @IvyTD. lol ;)

11/5 Saturday - Got a free birthday meal at Moe's. I was amazed their eClub birthday gift wasn't BOGO, but actually free with no extra charge or purchase necessary. I just ordered and gave the coupon, and they gave me my Homewrecker with chips. Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment