Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Stuff I Forgot to Blog About

AKP rant - I've been meaning to write out this huge long rant about AKP, but I don't have time. This will suffice. For now... -_-*

Art Fest - Last week, went to Fall Art Festival. After several years of seeing the same artists (at both Fall and Spring Art Festivals every year), it gets less exciting and much faster to walk through. ^^; But, ooh, shiny things~! Can't afford to buy art right now anyway, and didn't find any Xmas gifts. But we did get food from a (new?) Thai-American food stand; tofu pad thai was actually quite good for $6. :P Also ate a guava-and-cream-cheese empanada (a different stand, obviously lol); little oily but yum.

Art Hop - This past Fri., went to "Art Hop" with a couple of nice dental school guys (a quasi-date for Sis & Scott, plus me & Steven tag-alongs, but surprisingly refreshing rather than awkward ^^;). Strolled through small shopping center of boutiques for beads, antiques, chocolate, stained glass, crafts, art, and more beads. Very low-key, and we were the youngest people there, but still interesting. Plus, yay free cookies and cider.

Minor Car Accident - Sat. was Dad's bday. Oh, and we got into a small fender-bender. We were the 2nd car stopped at a red light. We were just chatting when all of a sudden wham! shoved forward. Thankfully it wasn't that hard (mostly just shocking) and there were no injuries. The old lady behind us just didn't realize how close we were and didn't brake enough. We pulled over and exchanged info. A good samaritan even pulled over after us and said he saw what happened, asked if we were all okay, and offered to be a witness if needed. What a nice person! Anyway, the car had minimal damage, little more than cosmetic scratches, and insurance covers so everything's fine. Couldn't help but be jittery afterwards though. Maggie got over it pretty quickly and was mostly just pissed off that it happened to her, the lady couldn't even find her insurance, we were almost late for something, and then she accidentally deleted the samaritan's phone number from her new phone (oops!). Needless to say, she got a bad headache. Meanwhile, I had a dull headache, too, and even felt some nausea, probably from the shock and change in blood pressure. But afterwards we felt better when we did some errands, shopped at Target and Ross (yay bargain Xmas gift shopping =), and ate at Olive Garden, my favorite chain restaurant (they never disappoint me, not once in 20 years).

Sample Fest - Sun. we were obligated to go to Sam's for their Holiday Sample Fest. A bit disappointed this year, but at least there was pumpkin cheesecake, bruschetta, salsa/hummus/spinach-artichoke dip w/ pita chips, ham and scalloped potatoes, juice, cocoa, and cider. Still not enough for a meal though so we went to Adam's Rib; good pork sandwich and coleslaw, but their "seasoned fries" are like not seasoned at all. =/ (Yes, I must include a food report with every incident I write about.)

Avatar - Then I found out the last disc of Avatar: The Last Airbender Season 3 was ready for pick-up, so I drove to the library by myself. This is a big deal for me because I hate driving anywhere outside my small hometown, to the point that it's almost a phobia in college town (seriously). Add the fender-bender from the day before, and I was even more nervous, but thankfully the traffic was mild and the trip quick. And YES, we finally finished A:TLA! What an awesome, incredibly well-made epic show. The 2nd greatest American cartoon ever made (after Batman The Animated Series of course). I already want to watch the whole series for my third time.

Shortpacked! - I've rediscovered this geeky webcomic, and I've been plowing through the archives like crazy. I love how it's superficially a toy collector and comic book geek comic (the Batman jokes are what drew me in), but it's also full of absurd sci-fi and soap (I stay for the "Drama Tag" love octagon). And yet the cartoonist is a mad genius who writes the dramedy so compellingly that I'm shipping a dysfunctional sociopathic couple who's built on blackmail, hatesex, and both being broken in a way that works together. D'aww.

Laters! - Today I have to cram-pack then drive home. We're starting Thanksgiving weekend early to go to the Cake Wrecks party in Orly whoo! Full report of the monster Feast Week when I get back. Til then, HAPPY THANKSGIVING! ^_^

3 comments:

  1. Joining in Despair Now...January 13, 2012 at 4:42 PM

    ...I totally agree about the driving thing cause people are hella scary and I don't even think I can properly get my permit now cause I haven't driven in a car since I took Driver's Ed in high school =_=;;; I was always (and still am now) close enough to campus&places where I can either walk, take the bus and if needed, have friends drive me when necessary. So cowardly of me....TT-TT Anyway I hope you are ok!! Miss you and good luck in this new year 2012!!!! <3333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JDN! Your comments to my frivolous posts are always a pleasant surprise. And it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't like to drive. Instead of cowardly, let's just say we're environmentally conscious and choose healthy walking, public transportation, and carpooling, rather than adding another car on the road. ;)
      But it's so great just to hear from you. I miss chatting with you, too. How was your winter break? Sorry I've been MIA; I just tend to go on internet sabbatical during and after vacations, so I haven't been keeping up with Twitter and all that.
      In fact, after a happy holiday--and your reply tweet to my AKP RAGE--gave me perspective, I decided to try and draw back from kpop fandom a bit. I hope I won't get sucked back into the stupid drama when I return to my "net life" (<--oxymoron?) lol.
      Happy Lunar New Year! xoxo

      Delete
  2. it's good to take a break so that you can recharge~ I did it too (because of technical issues lol), so it was nice remembering how life is before all that stuff right?(っ˘з(˘.˘ )♥

    I think of it like...if you talk outloud in the mountains, the wind will carry the echo and since I happened to be passing by at the time and heard it...it's only fitting I respond. Just in case someone is listening ^^

    Anyway~ rant to your hearts content~! I'm always here if you need a friend kekeke

    ReplyDelete