Thursday, July 21, 2016

To Congress, Re: Gun Control, Part 2

Sent my reply to my representative's lame response to my earlier rant:
Thank you for the response to my earlier email about Gun Control, Congressman. Thank you for politely informing me of House procedures. I understood that the bill did not pass the Senate or the Committee, but Americans are still asking for the bill, a bi-partisan revision, or at least a conversation about it. The GOP, however, refuse to even bring it up because they fear a small but powerful lobby more than they respect the clear wishes of 90% of their constituents. I would rather have Congress break a few of their procedural rules to actually get important work done, than using those rules as a way to escape their responsibilities and place blame on others. But that is beside the point, as was your response, which did not even address my main point: Universal Background Checks and No Fly, No Buy are the simplest, most common sense measures you can enact for National Security. Everyone knows this, and yet it is still blocked by Congressmen like you because of the NRA. Your response did not even attempt to justify it. I don't expect or want a response, because I already know the line about "protecting" our rights. The GOP hides behind the literal interpretation of the 2nd Amendment, even though it says "well regulated" and obviously criminals and terrorists should automatically lose their right to bear arms, while the rest of us retain our right and our guns, so there would be no infringement on our rights. This is not even about an assault weapons ban, which is the equivalent of not allowing citizens access to weapons of mass destruction while the government does. This is just the most basic gun control which should already be in effect, were it not for the gun lobby and their Congressional puppets. Yes, you may be of service to me, my family, Orlando, and America by doing your job as our representative. So PLEASE, go REPRESENT us, address our concerns, listen to our wishes, and work for the people's interest. If you will not, if you continue to fail at your elected position, then the people will find someone who will represent us. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment