Friday, November 30, 2018

Nov. Library Activities

Nov. 3: Rock Painting class. Mom made the heart and the beautiful butterfly one (L), while I made the simple butterfly one (R). Hers is so pretty & detailed, but I ran out of time b/c my 1st layer of paint was too thick (from trying to completely cover the rock surface) & took too long to dry. Oh well!
 
Afterwards, we went to the Upcycling craft class for the 1st time. The monthly class is limited to 10 people, sat around 3-4 tables in the children's activity room. Very friendly group. The project was candle votives, made from fancy Yoplait Oui (French) glass jars, pages from old books (Stuart Little & Civil War history), Mod Podge, & twine.
 
 Turned out quite nice, except I kinda messed up my bird votive w/ overlapping paper, so the candlelight effect is ruined by the darker areas where I glued pages together. D'oh! >o<
 Nov. 30: went w/ Dad to the Kora (African harp) concert by Sean Gaskell. Beautiful & fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment