Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Space, the Final Frontier

Took a little family "staycation" this past weekend.  We all went to Kennedy Space Center for "Salute to Brevard Weekend". Haven't been there in years. It was cool to see and read about the history of America's space program with the natural history of Florida. And the weather was sunny with a cool breeze, the perfect day to walk around the Rocket Garden. ^^ It was like being at a museum theme park, educational and entertaining!

The "highlight" was the Star Trek Exhibition! Luckily for us, the celebration of its 45th Anniversary was extended from Summer through Fall. We got to see all kinds of sets, costumes, and props from the show, accompanied by informative placards about the "real-life" science behind it. (For example, did you know that NASA studied and even emulated the command center design of the U.S.S. Enterprise's bridge? XD)

KSC even had a "Mad Science presents Star Trek Live" show where two actors in costume (one a Starfleet officer, the other a Vulcan) thwart a Romulan plan that threats Earth (similar to the rebooted Star Trek movie) using little science demos and funny audience participation (the secret weapon was tribbles lol). Family-friendly, cheesy fun! ;D Also, Rachel and I rode the Shuttlecraft Simulator. It was only four bumpy minutes inside a hydrolics-shaken "shuttle" with a video game-like screen, but still enjoyable. hehe.

In addition, we ate at my favorite Chinese buffet. *blissful* Why can't any of the restaurants in my area be that good? :P

2 comments:

  1. le Journal Du NonsenseOctober 26, 2011 at 7:44 AM

    I haven't been there since 12th grade!!!!!
    The simulator seems like fun but I hope you didn't get a bruise from all the shaking!!!! @_@
    I gots my turkey day and xmas tickets~yay!!!
    Let's pass this semester!!
    I like that I can rant and have fun here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a secret JDN blog? Or are you saying my blog is nonsense?? Well, you're right. XD; I like that you come here for fun, too, thanks! ^^
    Actually the shuttle ride was a bit rougher than I was expecting, and we were pretty packed in and I sat at the edge, so I was knocked into the wall a lot. ;P But no bruises; it's tame compared to a rollercoaster.
    Almost Thanksgiving! Aja aja fighting~ for the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete