Friday, February 13, 2015

Kittens: 32 Weeks, 6 Days Old (Cue Scary Music)

Normal day at home, until...


*gasp!* I play the piano! OoO

Kittens: "What-what is that?! Run away, run away!"

 

Apparently they're used to us trying to "scare" them off the piano with a cacophony of discordant key banging, but when I actually play a pretty song for real, that freaks them out. ;P

(I don't think this is the first time I've played in the 7.5 months they've been here? Well, Mammao seemed unfazed. Or at least she was at her normal crouching spot under the coffee table instead of the new hidey hole.)

The kitties stayed away, hiding behind each other, and stared at me at the piano for awhile.

"What is this haunting music* coming from the big brown shelf?"

 

(*answer: Fur Elise, the only song I (hardly) remember from 10 years ago... :P)

I tinkered around some more, and when I looked back at them, there was only Oreo in that spot, peeking out from behind the box. I glanced around and saw Ping peeking out from behind the sofa, but I couldn't find Georgie anywhere.

I played a bit, saw Oreo and Ping peek out a bit, and still no Georgie.

Finally, after several passes, I spotted a black/brown/gray tail sticking out from...

...behind the microwave!!

 

I had never thought to look there because they're not allowed on the counter tops (not that that stops them), but they usually jump to the sink only, not the stove side. They've certainly never done this before.


I guess poor Georgie still isn't fully recovered from yesterday's terror. Still very skittish.

I played around some more and saw Georgie peek out from behind the microwave, like the other two.

 

 

They never came out while I played, only when I closed the piano and picked them up from their hiding spots.

R pointed out it's funny because they had been raised with music. We played them pop classical since they were days old. Who knew they'd be so frightened by Beethoven?

Then again, my playing is rather horrible. ^^;;

No comments:

Post a Comment