Tuesday, February 24, 2015

"Reign" Rant

Reign, the historical fiction show about Mary, Queen of Scots, was instantly my new favorite show when it premiered in Fall 2013. I loved everything about it: the writing (teen royalty drama & political power plays!), acting (mad chemistry!), directing (shot in lush Ireland!), costumes (gorgeous gowns!), hair and makeup (those headbands!), music (The Lumineers!), and yes, the romance (Frary forever!). It won the People's Choice Award for Best New Drama (I voted like crazy)--and it won over my fangirl shipper heart (I even finished 3 pieces of fanfic before its 8th episode; that's how obsessed I was).

After a wonderful 1st season, I had high hopes for season 2 but have been quite disappointed with its new direction so far. I still enjoy the political plots and court intrigue, but the new "romance" and recent characterization have been questionable.

Spoilers
A collection of my #ReignRants:

2/2:

*sigh* remember when said she was glad S1's love triangle was quickly resolved b/c ugh love triangle again? -_-;



Monde feels one-sided. i just don't see Mary feeling romantic love for Conde. maybe she feels safe w/ him in a brotherly love way?

we all know Francis is going to die soon, so why can't you just let be together, if not happily? why?!

2/17:



2/24:

2/26:

tldr: don't use rape to shift ships; make relationships/decisions about MARY dealing w/ the rape.

No comments:

Post a Comment