Sunday, August 10, 2014

Kittens: 6 Weeks, 1 Day Old (+ Zucchini Bread)

Slight hiccup in the kitty adoption plans. Potential New Owner of Oreo (aka Poncho/Miu/Mr.Miu) says they're not sure they can afford a load of medical expenses for a cat with heart health problems. R told them what the vet said: it's a minor heart murmur that will likely go away as the kitty grows. But they're still unsure. :P What kind of assurance do they need? Will they take Oreo when he/she is older and perfectly healthy? Or would they take another kitten instead, like Toes?

I've always loved tabby cats the most, but for some reason, I just love Oreo. (Maybe because it's a sweet, mini version of Mama Cat? Or as M calls it, a little tuxedo kitty. Like Mr. Mistoffelees! ^o^) Mom says Oreo is my favorite, because I'm always cooing over how cute it is. I adore them all!




naughty Fred trying to climb over the box barricade...again





Baked zucchini bread today! Turned out quite nice. Crunchy crust at the top, moist bread/cake throughout. Used a Paula Deen recipe but cut the sugar by 1/2 cup. Mom and R say it's just right, but I think the first time I made it, when I'd cut the sugar by only 1/3 cup, it tasted a little better with the sweetness less subtle (or maybe I'm just in the mood for a sweeter loaf today?).




No comments:

Post a Comment