Monday, August 11, 2014

Kittens: 6 Weeks, 2 Days Old (+ Bags!)

George
I've been searching for the Perfect Bag for months. I want one that could function as a sturdy crossbody travel bag and also look appropriate for work and nice enough for a dinner out. We've looked all over, from department stores to thrift shops to eBags, but to no avail. Until now!

Last Thursday, M sent me a Brad's Deals link to a sale on 6pm.com. I looked at hundreds of bags and found a few that I liked: a $36 Steve Madden shoulder bag and also a couple of $18 Dakine messenger bags for more casual usage. I eyed a Dakine that was big enough for a laptop and had a pretty purplish floral print, but it was way too expensive at $50.

The next day, the last day of the sale, I showed Mom and we browsed through the selection some more. I found a U.S. Polo Assn (not Ralph Lauren Polo) bag that was even bigger, better, and cheaper ($27) than the Madden one. I had a hard time choosing between black or white, but in the end, we decided that the white may look a bit more chic, but the black is more versatile and a lot easier to keep clean.

Just on a whim, I went back to the page for the out-of-my-price-range Dakine, and I had to do a double-take. Instead of $49.99, it was now priced at $4.99!! I couldn't believe it. Originally $65, marked down 92% off! It had to be a mistake. But even if it was, we weren't going to let it pass us by. I quickly ordered the US Polo bag and 2 of the $5 Dakine (Mom: so cheap, why not?!). There was tax but free shipping yay. After, I asked M if she wanted us to order for her, too, and she had the same reaction, so we went back again. The page now said "Only 2 Left In Stock," so we ended up buying those last 2, too. lol.

That was Aug. 8th. The 1st order shipped on Aug. 9th, and the second on Aug. 10th. Today, Aug. 11th, the first package from UPS already arrived! I wasn't expecting it for a week. Here they are:

U.S. Polo Assn. Saratogo Satchel in Black, w/ removable/adjustable strap.
Dakine "Carrie" 17L in Jasmine, w/ 15" laptop sleeve & adjustable strap.
The material is like a backpack, so it's sturdier and easier to clean than just a quilted fabric.
They're perfect, just what I wanted, and I couldn't be happier with the purchases ($5!!!). :D

No comments:

Post a Comment