Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fun Weekend

Personal journal entry. Skippable. ^^

Mom and Rachel came to visit Maggie and me.  They brought the moon cakes that Dad bought.  Finally, after not having any for Moon Festival, we get to eat moon cakes! ^_^  Red plum and green (mung?) bean moon cakes, plus taro and some other cake.  Yay!  And of course Mom cooked like crazy.  Ahh, I've missed Mom's cooking.  <3  Steak, baby back ribs, pork chops, tofu soup, beef and vegetable soup, sticky rice!  *drool*  We'll be well-fed for two weeks! 8D

We didn't go to the local art fair like we planned because it rained (and we were lazy XD), but we just had fun shopping at Sam's, the oriental market, and Publix.  And we had Sam's pizza and ice cream sandwiches, which we haven't had in awhile. =)

The best part though was watching Avatar: The Last Airbender Season One together!  Rachel borrowed the DVDs from the library (except she couldn't find Part 2, so we just watched online). Mom and I watched it over the summer a few years ago (she enjoys animated and comic series as much as me ^^), and we're both big fans.  But I've been trying to get Maggie to watch this show for a long time, and finally she did.  And she liked it!  I am totally vindicated and used my right to say "I told you so~". XD  I knew she would like the unique story and world, the adventure and humor, and the animation and music (since we both love Batman: The Animated Series and Justice League).  We watched the whole First Season in one day. lol.  I can't wait til we find Season Two. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment