Monday, September 26, 2011

Kim Kyu Jong 1st solo!

Kyu Jong released his Turn Me On mini album and "Yesterday" MV!!

1. No More Yes - Ooh, cool and catchy! It's good enough that it would've made a solid title track for another idol group (like UKISS for example). It just has that characteristic kpop hook.  But I'm glad KJ went with something different.

2. Yesterday - Not the usual kpop, refreshing, but still melodic and catchy.  The first time I heard it, I wasn't sure, but it was already stuck in my head, and the more I listen to it, the more I like it.  Somehow, the tune reminds me of a modernized trot song.  ;P  I love when music producers mix classical and pop sounds.  KJ's voice is still gentle as always, but he definitely sounds fuller and shows more range than before.  I also like his whispered parts with the violin, even though the strings part is driving me crazy because it sounds so familiar but I can't figure out why! XD

3. My Love - Although not my usual style, I can't help but like this song, too (like with YS's "Out the Club").  Very funky.  Makes me feel like dancing.  Woot~ RapSaeng!  (I thought he started with "Why yes!", but then I realized he was saying "Y.S.!" lol)  It's so cool how KJ and YS rap in each other's songs. ^^

4. Get Ya Love - Ah, I love when KJ does smooth, sexy R&B. I think he does that best. "I wanna get ya love~" *melt*  This and "Yesterday" are my favorites.  KJ could have just as well used this as a title track.  I hope he performs this, too. :)

5. Get Ya Love (Acoustic version) - It sounds great like this, too!  Very warm and sweet. *sigh*  Like SS501's acoustic version of "Let Me Be the One". ♥

It's official; I instantly love all the songs on this mini album.  That almost never happens (even with my biases)!  Gotta give credit to B2M because I immediately liked all the songs in both YS and KJ's mini albums, while it took me a few listens to like JM's "Go Go", HJB's "oH! aH!", and well, some KHJ songs I still don't like. ^^;

Great job, Kyu Jong and Taewan and Sangwon and B2M! "Turn Me On" is a really enoyable, well-made album. I love all the songs, and again, that's saying something.



The MV is very nice!  So suave~.  KJ looks really, really handsome!

The story is simpler than what I had dreamed up, but it is a breakup happening behind-the-scenes of KJ's filming, so that's cool.  And whatever the plot lacks, KJ's acting more than makes up for it.  His reactions, his gestures, and especially his eyes were so expressive and nuanced.  Seriously, he's turned into the best actor in SS501.  I'm so proud, and I can't wait to see him in a drama!

And the Suspenders Dance!  :D  Creative, sexy, and kinda cute at the same time, classic KJ.  It's like the next generation of the "UR Man" jacket dance.  I was like :O when he took off his jacket, and then he started doing those smooth moves with the suspenders.. :Q  Love it.

SS501 mansae! Kim Kyu Jong fighting! "Turn Me On"! daebak!

No comments:

Post a Comment